Preparing your retreat is very important for you to experience it in the best conditions and benefit its full potential.
- Please consult our medical guidelines pages for your Ayahuasca retreat preparation, this is required before attending a retreat at Selva Madre.
- Please consult our Ayahuasca dietary information.
- Pick an healthy diet prior to attending the retreat and practice some physical exercises or yoga.
- The practice of meditation and relaxation helps to focus during ceremonies.
- Long walks in the nature will help to balance your energy.
- Abstaining from sexual intercourse three days before the retreat will help to empower your vital energy.
Things to bring during Ceremonies
- Flashlight or frontal lamp, it will help you to go to the temple or if you need to go outside the temple during the ceremony.
- Long sleeve clothes, it is recommended during the nights as they can be fresh.
- White clothes for ceremonies.
- 1 Backpack
- 1 Day-pack/carry-on bag
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Outdoor shoes
- Long sleeved shirts for jungle and ceremonies
- 1-2 pairs rugged pants for hikes (lighter is better)
- 1 Warm sweatshirt (just in case)
- Sun hat
- Rain poncho
- Peruvian Currency (PEN) as pocket money
- Passport (valid for at least six months)
- 2 Photocopies of passport
- Remember to notify financial institution of travel plans
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen (30+ SPF Recommended)
- Flashlight(s) (For walking to dining/ceremonial temple after dark)
- Small first-aid kit
- Multi-use knife
The rest is provided by Selvamadre!
If you have any question regarding your retreat preparation feel free to contact us.